Saturday, September 6, 2008

Week 8

Saturday 8/30 was a good pace run averaging 8:07 which included a mile warmup and 2 mile cooldown.
Sunday 16 miles was at an 8:40 pace. That felt comfortable but I felt a little tired after mile 12 when David was finished and I was on my own. Maybe having only 5 1/2 hours of sleep last night because of a late Cooper football game had something to do with my tiredness. But my legs felt good, no soreness or tendon pain.
Monday was just an easy 3 miles at 8:48 pace.
Tuesday was a 40 minute tempo run with miles of 8:04, 7:54 & 6:56 with a mile warmup and cooldown.
Wednesday was an easy 4 miles at 8:29 pace.
Thursday was a 3 mile pace run with miles of 8:08, 7:54 & 7:45. A little more erratic than I had hoped for since I was trying for a steadier 7:55 pace.
Friday was a rest day.
Today, Saturday 9/6, was an 8 mile run at 8:28 pace that followed the Balloon Fest 10k course with Dave, Rich and Rachel. I felt relaxed and loose, ready for 17 miles tomorrow, I hope.

No comments: