Monday 9/29 - Easy 5 mile recovery run @ 8:37 pace.
Tuesday - REST
Wednesday - 5 mile pace run with miles between 7:46 & 8:00. I'm finding my pace easier now. Ran this workout on the path at ACU and I felt the hard concrete in my legs and knees. I couldn't run there everyday.
Thursday - 40 minute tempo run averaging 7:49 with the fastest mile at 6:58.
Friday - Easy 6 miles @ 8:46 pace
Saturday 10/4 - Moved Sunday's 12 miler to today so I could run some of Dave's 17 miler with him. Ran 7 miles with Dave at about an 8:45 pace. Then I ran 2 miles from Redbud to Holy Family for the Fall Fest Fun Run 5K and found a $20 bill on the road!
After running more than 9 miles already I decided to try to run a controlled pace 5K with negative splits. I won this race last year leading all the way with a 20:05. I'm told this year that the course has been shortened by 1/10 mile to make it a 5K/3.1 miles. There are many more
people than years past and I see some Wylie high school Xcountry team shirts so I expect some fast runners. I run a 6:30 first mile, 6:36 second mile and feel like I have something left and the fast runners never showed up. The last mile was 6:15 and I passed three guys to finish in 2nd place with a 19:24. My Garmin shows exactly 3.00 miles at the finish. I won $15 for 1st place in my age group.
Sunday - 10/5 - Easy 4 miles along the airplanes at Dyess AFB. I felt tired after yesterday.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment