Sunday, August 17, 2008

Runnin' in the Rain

Intense thunderstorms and very heavy rain resulted in flooded roads a some extra sleep Saturday morning. The storms let up by 9:00 so Dave and I planned to meet at Redbud to get in our 7 mile run. Imagine my surprise when I saw Jean and her family were already at the park running! Mick showed up soon after I did and Christina arrived later. Crazy dedicated runners.
The rain held off as we ran 7 miles at an 8:18 pace. The cooler weather felt good.
Sunday morning Mick, Dave and I started around 6 am to run 14 miles in the rain. The cool rain was light and it made the running much more comfortable than the heat we have had all summer. The pace was kept slow and easy, averaging 8:53. The last mile I ran alone and just wanted to finish so pushed it to a 6:47 pace. I felt great. No leg pain at all.
One of the boards on the bridge in the park was broken and I almost stepped through it so we put two cones over the hole to warn people.

No comments: