Marathon training is going well.
Monday I skipped the scheduled 3 mile run opting instead for a rest day. My tendon has not been hurting at all, not even a hint of tightness so an extra rest day may help keep it that way. Tuesday morning's 35 minute tempo run with Dave went well; mile 1, 8:42; followed by 7:26, 7:09, 7:36, and then a 1/2 mile cool down for a total of 4.56 miles in 35:43. I felt really loose and fast. I wish all runs felt that way. The weather was very humid.
Wednesday morning was an easy 3 miler at 8:15 pace that was faster each mile because I just wanted to get done.
Thursday morning started with a 2/3 mile warm up then an attempt at a 3 mile pace run at 7:50.
The first mile was 7:23, too fast but it didn't feel that fast. The next 2 miles were 7:55 and 7:49. Right on target.
Friday is a rest day and the weather is supposed to be much cooler for the weekend long runs of 7 and 14 miles.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment