I was scheduled for speed work on Tuesday but just didn't feel up to it in the heat of the afternoon so I put it off until Wednesday morning after work. My previous interval work had always been 1/2 mile intervals but this schedule calls for mile repeats. Got to Redbud at 6:05 am after being pulled over by one of Abilene's finest for failing to signal when turning off of S. 27th street. After commenting about my "son in law is in the Army" bumper sticker he let me go with a warning. I guess he was really bored! Anyway I jogged a warmup mile with Mick, David M. and Lupe at 8:55/mi then took off at what I hoped would be around 10k pace but I ran as fast as I felt comfortable. Ran 3 miles hard with a 1/2 mile recovery jog.
First mile 6:33, second 6:49, third 6:34. The speed felt good and my legs felt loose and pain free.
Went to the park after work Thursday morning for an easier run. Ran 6.5 miles at 8:40/mi average pace. The first mile or two felt sluggish and tight after yesterday but I loosened up and felt good after that. I'm still undecided about going to San Angelo for a 5 mile race Saturday morning. My common sense says not to run a race a week before El Scorcho. Maybe I'll go to the Stephenville race the week after.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment